- Edit 7/1/08
- Obama naturally decided to come out with a similar plan after this was announced and of course tried to take credit for hillary’s ideas and tried to claim he was the only one with a plan. :^(
Entry for February 12, 2008
This is exiting! Read below and you’ll see something I have never seen or heard from ANY politician before!
“Hillary believes our climate crisis presents us with a significant opportunity. She is prepared to harness America’s entrepreneurial spirit and make the bold investments necessary to lead us to an energy independent future, of which green-collar jobs are the cornerstone.”
I have long believed that although yes, it is a crisis, there is a lot of economic value at we can actually converting ourselves to green power and green in general! The most I’ve ever heard is the GOP trying to argue that there is NO crisis and finally admitting there is a crisis but not really doing a thing about it seems just fine to them. The Dems regularly have and do talk about the crisis and what we need to do but I have never see anyone else say that we can turn this crisis into an opportunity! THAT is a presidential worthy comment folks! Go Hillary!
Pamelain News2/11/2008 12:55 PM
Today, at the General Motors Allison Transmission Plant, in White Marsh, Maryland, Hillary outlined her Green Jobs plan, which will stimulate economic growth, end our dependence on foreign oil and provide good-paying jobs in Maryland and around the country. Hillary’s plan will transform the way we use energy, finally require large oil companies to pay their fair share towards renewable technologies, and create at least five million new jobs in the process.
Hillary’s Green Jobs Plan will:
- Modernize 20 Million Low-Income Homes to Improve Energy Efficiency.
- Provide emergency energy assistance for Maryland families facing skyrocketing heating bills.
- Invest $5 billion in accelerated energy efficiency and alternative energy investments to jumpstart green collar job growth.
- Create a $50 Billion Strategic Energy Fund and Demand that Oil Companies Invest in Clean Energy.
- Raise Fuel Economy Standards. Hillary has proposed a plan to raise fuel economy standards to 40 mpg by 2020 and 55 mpg by 2030.
- Help Automakers Retool Plants.
- Promote Plug-In Hybrids (PHEV).
- Create a Green Building Fund to Make Public Buildings More Energy Efficient.
- Train “Green Collar” Workers.
Hillary believes our climate crisis presents us with a significant opportunity. She is prepared to harness America’s entrepreneurial spirit and make the bold investments necessary to lead us to an energy independent future, of which green-collar jobs are the cornerstone. Read more on Hillary’s plan to create a Green Jobs revolution.
True Presidential Thinking
July 1, 2008 by caffinequeen