Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Posts Tagged ‘Election Reform’

This one has been simmering for a while now. I have been a Dem all my life. I am a Dem because of what they stood for. True democratic princials like equality for everybody, We the People, One Voice, One Vote, the lifting up and support of the middle and lower classes. In fact Democrats as I knew them were the ultimate good guys. They stood for eliminating classes and making all Americans truly equal.

We have some great examples to look up to in our party. Some great people who inspire us and make us strive for those great causes the party aspires to. Names like Franklin Delenor Roosevelt, Harry Truman, John F Kennedy and Bill Clinton the only two term Democrat president in the last fourty years, just to name a few. In my opinion we as democrats need to go back to our core and really find and hone our message of equality and opportunity, the message that these great leaders were so passionate about instead of reverting to the childish and disgusting tactics that have been taking place in this election cycle. In particular I am talking about the last few days since John McCain announced Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

The internet has been abuzz with rumors flying about like millions of flies on shit. Sorry for the crude reference there but it’s truly appropriate I think. The Obamabloggers and even the media pundits (most not all) have been going on and on with things that are so not in line with the message they preach.

They claim they are the party who treats women as equals (Hillary supporters would say different) yet they are starting rumors that Gov. Palin’s last child was really her daughter’s and that she lied and faked a pregnacy and childbirth to cover it up. (Gotta admit it’s hard to fake a childbirth! There was a hospital and an attending Dr after all.) They even started passing around photos and discussing if she were “fat enough” to have really been pregnant and if her daughter looked “fat enough” to have been the mother. How progressive and liberal of them.

Then they moved on to saying her son was born with Downs Syndrome because of supposedly bad pre-natal care. WTF? How would any of them be privy to the quality of her pre-natal care? Again sooo progressive and liberal. Feminist even. Snark!

Now Gov. Palin has disclosed that her 17 year old daughter is pregnant and they are standing behind her for making her own decision to marry the father and have the child. The Bots are saying how terrible that she has a daughter unmarried and pregnant as if it is not a part of life. Terribly progressive of them also to critisize not only this young girl but her family for standing by her and John McCain for knowing about it and still having the gall to pick this woman for his running mate.

I think it shows how much this woman stands by what she says. The daughter chose to keep her child and the family chose to support her. Sounds to me like she walks the walk of someone who believes in family values. Contrary to the bot’s belief that this makes her some sort of hypocrite it actually shows that she would not turn her back on her daughter in a time of great need as to do so would be for more hypocritical.

The fact that McCain knew ahead of time and still picked her shows that he cares about more than just “appearances for politics’ sake” and that what Gov. Palin brings to the ticket is more important to him than what some bigoted people who would rather throw the girl to the wolves think. In other words her intellect, integrity and strengths are what he made his choice on.

If, like me you might have wondered where some of this stuff originated I will link to a site that did some digging into this. Before you say it I know this is a conservative site. They, unlike the Dems will stand up for their own so they have gotten to the bottom of it. If there were more liberal sites that would be brave enough to publish this stuff and digg into it I would have linked to them but the so called liberal siteslike DailyKos and HuffPoand the reat of the Obamaphiles are the ones spreading this crap as you will see below.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/31096_Whos_Behind_Anti-Palin_Smear_Site

Nice huh? I mean that it’s definitely Obama supporters is bad enough but they were even stupid enough to re-direct the traffic to Obama’s website is beyond belief. Again I must say how progressive and liberal and pro-women’s rights all this crap is. NOT!

I have heard it all from the smears mentioned above to the other aguments that I’ll go into here. The Obama team and supporters were obviously knocked for a loop here. They did not expect, have a plan for or react to this in anything even resembling a demeanor befitting a presidential candidate.

The Dems are quickly becoming everything they claim to hate these days. Who are the real hypocrites here?

I’ve been told that it’s just shameful that McCain only picked her to win! Imagine that. Did they think he was trying to pick someone who would cause him to lose? It’s a clear case of pandering! Well what do you expect? Isn’t that what politicians do? Try to get your vote?

She doesn’t have experience. Yeah because you know actually being a Mayor or a Govenor where you really have to make executive decisions is not helpful experience at all. I suppose Mr. Inexperience himself who’s very thin record is all legislative and not anything resembling actual leadership skills at the top of the ticket is okbut someone with more actual experience as VP is not. Do they realize how dumb this argument sounds?

Then there’s the totally sexist response about the fact she’s a former beauty queen, has five kids (how irresponsible! Yeah and not in line at all with her pro-family, pro-life political stance. Eyes rolling) her children, particularly the youngest who has special needs and they aren’t really sure if he’s her’s or her daughter’s might suffer because of her run for VP and the job if she gets elected. Hmmm very pro-women’s rights there. NOT!

Even scarier they claim is that she could be a heartbeat away from the actual white house and be in charge of the nation! McCain could croak at any moment the shout gleefully! Do I even have to go into how many ways this is just wrong? Is it even remotely progressive or liberal or even decent to be gleeful about someones perceived imminentdeath? Hardly. The thing about how she could be in control well what’s wrong with that? She’s a woman? Is that the problem? Really? From the progressive party?

If it’s experience they have no right to go there. If it’s her family having an un-wed teen mother to be in their ranks then Mr. “raised by a single mother” has absolutely no ground to stand on. Oh, and if it’s because she’s a former beauty queen and pretty how the hell does that reconcile with or reflect on the Democratic party? Please! As if looks are what makes the person. She’s not going for America’s Top Model or anything and she went to college and has done pretty well for herself so the brainless bimbo tactic is not going to fly. Sooo progressive.

I also heard the argument that it wasn’t fair to pick her and she got special treatment by being promoted to this position because she’s not qualified. OMG! I nearly blew a gaskett the first time I read one of these opinions! You mean special treatment like awarding delegates to someone who wasn’t on the ballot? Or maybe like giving delegates earned based on actual votes cast to another candidate? Maybe like having someone add your name to a whole bunch of legislation that you had nothing to do with so you can pad your nearly non-existent resume? That kind of special treatment? Pot? This is Kettle…you know the rest.

And the unqualified thing I can’t believe they would go there with all the questions on so many fronts as to Obama’s qualifications for the job. Do they not see the total idiocy of this approach? They are only shining light on their own candidates flaws with this line of attack. They are shooting themselves in the foot and doing it with fervor that is unbelievable. This guy really is more “evangelical” in some ways than the folks who are actually characterized as evangelicals. I mean to say he seems an awful lot like a Jim Jones style Preacher in a crazy, we’re right and everybody else is wrong revival tent with the cult of followers and their fanatical devotion to him. They will do anything for him including the smearing of people with lies and stereotypes they claim to hate.

There seems to be a consensus among Obama supporters that since Hillary suspended, endorsed and went along with their sham roll call vote and faux unity for her party’s sake that those who don’t jump ship and join the Obamaphenomina are not true democrats and that we aren’t true Hillary supporters. They want to believe this because they want to believe the lie that Clinton supporters are falling in line like good little soldiers. I’m not denying that some are but the majority I talk to are not by any means going to vote for Obama. They are varied in their plans for November 4th. Some will stay home, write in Hillary, vote 3rd party and yes some will vote for McCain/Palin. Hillary can do what she must but we will each do the same.

I recently had a Obama supporter tell me in a forum I have belonged to for years (btw this person had just joined and had 12 posts all that day all that thread yet they called me the troll) that I don’t “get to call myself a Clinton supporter if I don’t support Obama”. I let them know in no uncertain terms that I get to call myself anything I please and they do not get to define me. A friend there male, libertarian and believe it or not very anti-Clinton told them in no uncertain terms what to do with that attitude. He said I could quote him so here it is:

> “She can call herself any-damn-thing she wants to —
> first of all — and second — just because Hillary
> gives some ass-saving speech telling everyone they
> should support Obama and anyone who thinks that is
> prima facia evidence of Hillary’s real position
> probably has their head so far up their ass they
> can’t see daylight.
>
> But, hey, have a nice day & hopefully you’ve got
> other tricks up yer sleeve besides being a shill for
> Democrat unity. “

Far less polite than most of my fellow PUMAS like to put it but the meaning is the same. Hillary is doing what she has to and what she feels is right. Each of us must also make our own choices and we will. Nobody has to right to tell another person how to make that choice. It’s personal and it deserves to be respected. That is one of the core principals the party I have always known holds dear. Or at least they used to.

I guess the one silver lining to all this is it will shine the light bright on the tactics of Camp Obama and the utter hypocrisy and sexism that is more prevalent than any of us would have liked to think existed in this day and age. The light will shine on elections and the need for reform of the system and of the parties. For sure you know this stuff will no longer be dismissed as just a bunch of disgruntled Hillary supporters exaggerating about abusive tactics. Now that they are using this line of attack? Or maybe they think it’s a defense? The republicans will see to it that people know all about it in great detail because that’s what they do. Plus we all know the media LOVES the republicans and they believe everything they say. OK I’m exaggerating there but since it’s no longer perceived to be about Hillary it will get coverage and that’s a good thing.

Unless your a member of Team Obama that is. I will never join that team. I like the ideas and I still look up to the people who have represented our party so well. There are many wonderful, passionate and brilliant democrats still around and alot of them call themselves PUMAS. They are waiting for the current party leadership to finish their self destruction so we can get down to reforming our party and adhereing to the values we once stood for. Those democrats are not going away and because leadership decided to do everything but the right thing they will teach the leadership and the party a lesson. It will hurt but the alternative would be far worse. Those who would sacrifice all that The Party and Democracy stood for only to acheive a means that was not worthy will regret their decision in time. In any case they are not my concern. My party and my country are my concern and I will work to defeat anyone who would hurt either one.

 

CQ

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

Entry for June 06, 2008

Well folks, I’ve decided that if the DNC does not overturn the illegal decision made at the May 31, 2008 Rules & By-Laws committee I will leave the party.

Funny, in spite of what Obama supporters think this decision which will be made by many including but not limited to the 18 million Clinton supporters is NOT an act of dis-loyalty to the party. In fact, it is made completely FOR party loyalty!

You see once upon a time there was this party which stood for equality for all regardless of race, religion, sex, age, economic status, oh, I could go on but I think it’s evident what I mean here and they stood for American Values as laid out by our founding fathers. (Where were the mothers in this? Why weren’t they asked to participate? OK that’s another blog-post. I digress.)

Those principals can be summed up pretty well with just a few words:

WE THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE!

That means ALL the people who PARTICIPATE! It does not mean some of the people, or some votes mean more than others. It does not mean vote counts can be changed to reflect voters that DID NOT VOTE nor does it mean votes can be changed to the candidate a committee decides to favor.

There is a lot of talk about Obama as the nominee. FACT: he is the “presumptive” nominee! he does not have enough pledged delegates to secure the nomination. Super delegates put him over the top and they can change their votes back and forth as many times as they want to between now and the convention.

Clinton is suspending her campaign for now but keeping her delegates. She will be here to save the party from itself when Obama implodes as he surely will.

Meantime, I and many like me who were protesting and screaming COUNT THE VOTES! EVERY VOTE COUNTS! in 2004, and are now screaming COUNT THE VOTES IN 2008 will rest assured, be here in the future when someone uses this decision as precedent to change YOUR VOTE.

We will still be here screaming COUNT THE VOTES! So go ahead, rest on your laurels Oabma supporters. We will be here to defend your rights, as usual!

Americans 1st, Democrats 2nd!

One voice, one vote! Every vote counts!

THERE CAN BE NO UNITY WITHOUT FAIR REFLECTION!

PUMA – Party Unity My Ass!

Read Full Post »

Entry for May 23, 2008

The Day Truth Died & The Election that Was – Examples of Main Stream Media Folly in Modern Politics

I have been so shocked and angered over the last two weeks (actually the entire primary season but in particular the last two weeks) at the farce that passes for news coverage these days! Apparently these so-called professionals are nothing more than OP/ED mouthpieces even as they call themselves “news professionals” they constantly spout off with their opinions as though they are facts. They are completely sold on themselves and their pompous rhetoric and completely insulted if anyone should dare to voice a different opinion or heaven forbid, point out facts!

It used to be there were standards in journalism. Once upon a time they reported the news as it happened and did not try to influence it. Once upon a time reporters had to have legitimate sources, information and research to back up their work. Now they report the news as they want it to be and force feed it to us on every channel until, like advertising, you simply can’t get their words out of your head. It’s like some nightmare where they play really old, bad yodeling country music as loud as it can get inside your head and it’s stuck on re-play!

This 2008 Democratic Primary will go down in History regardless of what happens for many, many reasons. I’m NOT just talking about the fact that for the first time we have both a serious African American and a serious Woman candidate, this race will go down in the books because it is the first time in history that we have had a candidate win victories with 35% and 41 % margins and the press screams “meaningless”, “racist”, “in-consequential”!

Since when is a 41% lead “in-consequential”?? When in history, EVER, have we had the press try to influence the political process in such a such shameful manner? Since when do TV Talking Heads decide presidential primaries?

If we are to believe the press (I wouldn’t advise it.) winning swing states and large states with lots of electoral votes, winning over the traditional “lunch bucket Democrats” is of no consequence whatsoever! The press and the far, left wing of the Democratic Party would have us believe that they don’t need those voters. They don’t need California, Texas, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, West Virginia, Kentucky or any of those other states that Barrack Obama DID NOT WIN! Those voters along with the voters in Florida and Michigan simply DO NOT MATTER! Just ask almost any news pundit or better yet ask the Obama campaign and the Super Delegates supporting him!

You could ask the Chairman of the DNC, Howard Dean but you would only receive more of the same. The DNC, Dean and Reid, Pelosi, Brazille and the rest of the “Obamaphiles” should really be ashamed of themselves! They are not acting in the best interest of Democrats or the country! They want to seize control of the DNC for themselves, the elitist, left wingers.

They really don’t care about the majority of the American people or the good of the party or they would NOT be trying to take over!

The fact is it is Obama who is the party insurgent, he is the one running against the incumbent candidate (Hillary Clinton) and it is Obama, his supporters and his stooges (YUP! I mean you Donna Brazille!) that are in fact divisive. They have attacked, schemed and bullied Hillary every step of the way and even attacked former President Bill Clinton claiming his Administration to be “no different” than the Bush Administration, yet they continue to insist that poor Barrack is the victim here. “Those meany Clinton’s are racists and she’s running solely on her husband’s reputation.”

Which incidentally, if you listen to Obama is meaningless too because he claims the Clinton Administration was not much different than the Bush Administration! OUTRAGEOUS! I can’t believe they let this man speak! He constantly says the stupidest things! It’s an inconceivable feat that he has come this far with so many idiotic statements coming out of his mouth! (How about the Great Lakes of Oregon? or the 57 states he’s visited so far? With 1 more to go and Alaska and Hawaii taken off the itinerary by his staff. That would make his count 60 states??? WTF??)

Then you have him and his people calling Hillary negative and divisive! They call her Hitlery, Billary, Bitch, F-ing Whore and other extremely negative things. The media has been overwhelmingly nasty and sexist and they have been getting away with it! 

Then there’s his stream of scary buddies ie: Rezco, Ayers, Wright, Farrakan, Odinga and the list goes on and on. His lame and very thin record and oh, lest we forget his “Rock”, the “Woman behind the Man”, Michelle Obama!

Yes, Michelle-I’m-proud-of-my-country-for-the-first-time-Obama! The lady who attacked Hillary for “Not being able to run her house so how can she run the White House” last fall. (nice, feminist sentiment from a fellow woman huh?)

Barrak has threatened Republicans and told them to “Lay Off” his wife because he finds it unacceptable. Here’s what I have to say about that.

Get over yourself! If your wife is campaigning for you and attacks others for you then you can’t bitch when she gets attacked! Especially when the words being used came out of her own mouth! ON VIDEO NO LESS! So it’s NOT SLANDER! Nor is it unfair. If you don’t want your words used against you then keep your mouth shut! Otherwise take responsibility for what you say!

Even more important is this little tidbit. That is a drop in the bucket compared to what the GOP will be throwing at him in the General Election should he succeed in his attempt to thwart the only candidate with a real shot at winning!

If he manages to dupe the DNC into giving him the nomination he WILL LOSE IN NOVEMBER! Not only is he fatally flawed (the GOP knows this) but his poor treatment of half the party is so deplorable that should this happen there will be a major defection from the Democratic party on the day after the convention! We will vote across party lines if this guy is nominated because it’s more important to have a President we can trust!

Hillary Clinton or the alternative. McCain or Nadar?

Pam

Read Full Post »

Entry for February 10, 2008
Read
Bitter Dissapointment in Washington Caucus Results!
I am posting this on the HillaryClinton index site and the HillaryClinton.com blog site as well as my personal blog.

I am so dissapointed in the Washington Voters right now it makes me sick! I cannot believe that they swung towards Obama in spite of all the evidence that Hillary is the best person for the job!

I was not surprised that our Govenor went that way. Sorry to say I voted for her and have regretted every since! She may indeed be a Democrat but she has consistantly gone against what most Washington Dems want. I really wish Cantwell or Murray would have run I’d much rather vote for them and they do support Hillary and the main bulk of Dems here in Washington State. Either would be twice the govenor she is!

Of course I also feel I need to mention my dissatisfaction with the media coverage of the caucuses as well. As usual it’s about 75% slanted toward the media darling Senator Obama. I’m sick of reading reports that critisize Chelsea and Bill for supporting their wife and mother! EVERY candidate running has the support of their spouses and children and NONE of them were accused of “pimping out” their offspring! None of the spouses have been critisized for attacking the opposing candidates as Bill was. Michele Obama has been on the attack from day one saying some very nasty things that in my opinon were way out of line but the media never calls them on that.

To top it off Hillary is now being disparaged because she lent her campaign 5 million and people want her to show where it came from. PLEASE! As if the Clintons are poor and desparate and couldn’t possibly have money from their own ventures, books, speaking engagments not to mention their salaries!Nobody demanded Mitt Romney publish his tax returns and proove that his money was “good money”! (And we all know he spent plenty!) She does declare income and assets very year in the senate and that should be sufficient. Not only that But I have read two different news reports now that practicly, all but call her a liar, stating that “Mrs. Clinton claims to have raised 7.5 million since Tuesday the 5th.” as if she made it all up and is destitute! Why would she be? Why would she lie? Why don’t they make these assumptions about other candidates?

I’ll tell you why because Barak Obama is the media’s pick! They think they have the right to slant the news to suit them instead of reporting it fairly! I will NEVER watch MSNBC news again until they apologize and mend their biased ways!

I know this has been a long rant but I am seriously fed up! I have decided to start an email campaign to the “Super Delegates” in hopes of swaying them in Hillary’s favor for the good of our country. I hope to encourage my friends and family to do the same.

I am really annoyed that it will more than likely come down to them choosing our nominee but since that’s how it works, at least for now, I’ll have to go with it.

I want to encourage all of you to do the ame either by email or snail mail! Write the most informed, impassioned letters that you can and send them ASAP! Hillary needs our help and WE need her as our president!

Also please try to encourage friends, family, co-workers and fellow supporters to come here to the site as well as HillaryClinton.com and make their voices and choices heard!

Thanks for letting me rant guys! I’ll go fix breakfast and try to calm my nerves now!

http://hillaryclinton.freeforums.org/index.php

CQ AKA The Caffine Queen AKA Pamela
_________________
Things I’ve learned. along the way.

EVERY experience is worth experiencing if only for the lesson.

If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right!

Coffee and Chocolate are staples!

Edit 7/1/08

We had still not learned of all the fraudulent and bully tactics used by the obama supporters at the time I wrote this. I have since realized that not oly is the caucus system inherently unfair to many groups of people it is also easily manipulated. Were it not for this fact and the complete lack of morals on the part of the Obama campaign he would never have been within reach of the nomination. It was caucus gaming and fraud combined with media collusion, Super delegates pressuring and lat but by no means least the RBC decision on may 31st that ultimately gave the nomination to Obama.

Read Full Post »